Dear Partner or Friend,
I’m sure you have heard by now of the three persons who sent a message to our attorneys that they had information about Marcus Lamb that would be disclosed to the media if Daystar didn’t pay them $7.5 million. (They are trying to turn our pain, into their gain!) Joni and I refused to give in to their demand, and instead elected to share our private challenge on Celebration.
The challenge to our marriage occurred several years ago, when I foolishly got involved in an emotional relationship that turned into an improper relationship. None of the three people were involved in my situation so they had no right to demand any of God’s money.
I am so sorry for what I did! God, Joni & my family have forgiven me. I ask you to do the same.
Once Joni found out about my improper behavior, here are the efforts that she and I made:
1) Told everything to Joni, and repented to God
2) Ended the improper relationship (It ended several years ago)
3) Joni & I submitted ourselves to professional marriage counselors for many months
4) Our marriage counselors advised us to keep this private so we could heal properly
5) Became accountable to Joni’s parents, and other Daystar staff members
6) Stepped down from preaching for an extended period of time
7) Submitted to our Pastor, Robert Morris, of Gateway Church
8) Joni & I became more passionate in helping other marriages
9) We did many TV programs on marriage
10) We did a panel discussion with marriage experts at our Refreshing Times Conference
11) We did a live broadcast on November 30, on Daystar where Joni & I shared our private pain with you, our wonderful partners around the world
12) That “Special Message” program is on VOD on our website at www.Daystar.com
13) Before our public announcement, I personally called over 30 of the top Christian leaders in the world and shared our story with them
14) Before our public announcement, I shared this info with the denomination that ordained me and submitted to their restoration process even though I had already been restored for several years
15) As a result, I will step down from preaching for one year and be on probation for the second year with my denomination that I have license to preach with
16) Joni & I were guests on Good Morning America and on the Dr. Phil Show where we shared our story in an effort to help other marriages
17) Our marriage is now the strongest that it has even been! (PTL!!!)
Now, Joni & I need you to do two things:
1) Join our “Prayer Army” by praying for Joni & me and Daystar when you think about it.
2) Continue to be faithful to your Sharathon pledges so Daystar can keep reaching the world!
We Love You!
P.S. No Daystar salaries or legal fees are paid from your donations!